K-Wayne Community Radio
“How to Put a MUSIC Program Together”
Here is a “how to” list for you to use to put a music program together for K-Wayne.
1. Pick your genre of music (Each genre has lots of sub-sectors):
Jazz World Music
2. Decide if you will play:
* A single artist or group
* An hour of a type of music
3. Draft a playlist of songs. Include the length of each piece.
* Decide what you want to say about each piece (a script) and write it down.
* Read it out loud.
* For variety, it is sometimes good to play two pieces back-to-back. (Not for classical.)
* Your total scripts should be 12 minutes or less; average about 60+ seconds per piece.
* Avoid saying “That was so and so…”
* It’s best to grab interest and say what is coming up (forward-promote) in the program.
* Remember: you and your comments are important, but it’s the music that is central.
SELECTION AND RECORDING PROCESS
* You submit a program idea to K-Wayne.
* Once approved, the cost to record, edit, and upload your program is $150, payable in advance.
* K-Wayne will schedule a studio visit for you.
* You’ll bring your music and your script.
* K-Wayne will take your music and your recorded script and piece it together.
* When the show is produced, it will be uploaded to the K-Wayne website.
* K-Wayne will promote your program on the website and social media.
* Encourage your friends to listen at www.kwanradio.com once your show is available.
Programs will remain online for 4-6 weeks.
K-Wayne will watch for numbers of listeners and comments – good or bad – to determine if the show plays longer.
Good luck! Contact K-Wayne at email@example.com